2019-2020 Course Registration
Course registration for the 2019-2020 school year has begun. Your student will receive their course request form, course list, and a helpful hints page from their science teachers. Please watch this video for more information and for the dates that counselors will meet with each student in their offices, http://www.showme.com/sh?h=awHEfWy
The courses students requested for the 19-20 school year are available in Skyward for review. Any changes to the list of courses students selected must be done in writing on the corrections form (available in the link below) by April 18, 2019. See below for details on how to view the list of courses for confirmation:
STEPS TO CONFIRM THE SELECTION OF COURSES REQUESTED BY YOUR STUDENT:
- Log in to the Family Access account in Skyward
- Click on “Schedule” on the left navigation
- Click on “Request courses for 2019-2020 School Year” link located in the Course Request section at the top right-hand side of the schedule page.
- This will display the list of courses requested.
- If you see a discrepancy, please complete the COURSE REQUEST DISCREPANCY/CORRECTION form by *April 18, 2019. (see link below for form)
NOTE: Students may follow the same process under Student Access.
*The April 18 deadline is very important because it “drives” the course offerings and helps make certain that we have enough courses to meet the entire student-body demand. Also, please know that this is not the student’s class schedule; it is simply a confirmation of the courses requested. You will receive a copy of the official class schedule at your high school's registration/schedule pick-up before school begins in the fall.
ONCE AGAIN: ALL SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS MUST BE MADE IN WRITING ON THE FORM PROVIDED AND DATED April 18, 2019. CORRECTIONS WILL NOT BE MADE AFTER THE DEADLINE.
8th Grade Parent Night
Counseling Center Save the Dates:
- FAFSA Night at The Center – October 4th - Registration information and more details to come
- FAFSA Night at The Center - October 23rd – Registration information and more details to come
- Parent University #2 – Thursday, October 25th
- MISD College and Career Night at The Center – Monday, October 29th
- Parent University #3 – Tuesday, January 22nd
- ESC Region 11 College Day: January 23rd
- Destination Success at The Center – Saturday, February 23rd
- Parent University #4 – Thursday, April 4th
Bound for Sucess
Under the Bound for Success agreement, The University of Texas Arlington offers juniors in the top 25% of their class unconditional admission to the University of Texas at Arlington for students graduating on the recommended graduation plan.
UTA Counselors are available on the students’ home campus to answer questions and assist with admissions, scholarship, and financial aid processes.
See the information below for the counselor is at our school:
Shannon Shaver will be in the Go Center on Mondays from 8am-3pm.
Remind: text @utar to 81010
Parent University #1 – August 28th
Your MHS Counselors hosted the very first Parent University of the 2018-2019 school year. The presentation and handouts are listed below:
Parent University #2 – October 25th
Parent University #3- January 14th
9th Grade – Interpreting the PSAT
10th Grade – Earning Dual Credit in High School
11th Grade – The Job Market & Careers
12th Grade – What Comes After 12?
This Destination Success flyer was handed out at all sessions too.
The Mansfield ISD Multi Scholarship application is open! The deadline is Feb 22, 2019.
MISD offers SAT and ACT practice exams to all high school students and a Junior/Senior Workshop for juniors and seniors who have not had any test prep. For upcoming practice exams and workshops, visit the MISD SAT/ACT Workshops & Practice Exams webpage.
Check out the deadlines for registration and test administration dates, times and locations for 2018-2019
The GO Center is located on the 2nd floor between U & T halls, down from the Counseling Office, next to the JROTC office.
Staff is available to help with college applications, FAFSA, scholarships and SAT/ACT registration.
The Go Center mentors will return to MHS the week of September 10th. Stay tuned for more information.
New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment information
Proof of Residency
Counselors are assigned to students by grade and last name. Please select the appropriate counselor below.
Lead Counselor is Dawn Candler
- A - Col 9th - 12th Grades Tonya Cook
- Com - Hal 9th - 12th Grades Monica Dabney
- Ham - Ll 9th - 12th Grades Lynda Petersen
- Lo - O 9th - 12th Grades Dawn Candler
- P - Sp 9th - 12th Grades Jennifer Smith
- Sq - Z 9th - 12th Grades Chrystal Barnett
- Student Support 9th-12th Grades Christine Dawkins- LCSW
Counselors are available during school hours at 682-314-0181
COUNSELING SUPPORT STAFF
Shelly Server, Counseling Secretary
Gail Wiggins, Counseling Secretary
For transcripts & student records, contact Pat Sarp
Want to receive updates straight from the counseling center, specific for your class? Enroll in Remind 101!
Class of 2019 – join at rmd.at/19mhstiger or text @19mhstiger to the number 81010
Class of 2020 – join at rmd.at/20mhstiger or text @20mhstiger to the number 81010
Class of 2021 – join at rmd.at/21mhstiger or text @21mhstiger to the number 81010
Class of 2022 – join at rmd.at/22mhstiger or text @22mhstiger to the number 81010
- FAFSA (You will need to fill this out in OCTOBER of your senior year.)
- FAFSA Help Sheet
- Federal Student Aid
- College For All Texans (lists different financial aid waivers)
- Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation:
- 3 GREAT Search Engines to Start Your Scholarship Search:
Ready for a meaningful college education? Click the box above to find out how you can be guaranteed college admission.