Posted 10/17/2018 03:31PM
- The Mansfield Theatre Department will be presenting our spring musical...Catch Me if you Can. The dates for the audition have changed. Please note the new days. Auditions for the musical will be October 16 & 17 in the MHS Performing Arts Center. Students are required to attend both days of auditions. Those who are interested in auditioning need to pick up an Audition Packet in L1, L2, or L3. The audition packet contains all the information and the audition form that will be needed for your audition. Please see any theatre teacher for more information.
- Girls Basketball Tryouts are this Wednesday, October 17 at 3:15pm. Participants must have all MISD forms and physical completed. See the Lady Tiger Basketball website for complete information.
- BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS!!!! There will be a MANDATORY meeting for any boys interested in trying out for the basketball team this Wednesday, October 17th at 3:00 pm in room B3.
- Don’t forget to order your 2019 yearbooks! It’s better to do it sooner than later, go to yearbookordercenter.com and type in the school code 230.
- The boys and girls cross country teams competed in district yesterday. The boys varsity won district, and the girls varsity finished in 2nd place! Both girls and boys JV teams won district! On the boys side we had great running from Trey Hicks, James Williams, Cody Tecklenberg, Brian Easter, Payson Hart, Paolo Pelusi and John Joseph. On the girls side Elizabeth Butzke, Keaton Slimak, Saidee Castillo, Luisa Ramirez, Macie Patterson, Julia Bonner and Emma Bush
- The varsity teams will compete at regionals in Lubbock on October 22nd. Please congratulate the team when you see them!! Good job Tiger Cross Country!!!
- On Thursday, the Mansfield Swim and Dive teams opened their season against Keller Central. Both teams got off to a great start with the girls winning 139-42 and the boys winning 139-39. Winning events for the Tigers were Maddie Mechling (meck-ling) in the 200 Individual Medley and the 100 butterfly, Callie Limpert in the 50 and 100 freestyles, Bryanna Matkovich in the 200 and 500 freestyles, Avery Armfield in the 100 backstroke, Marli Wallace in the 100 breaststroke, Jacob deLagerheim (duh-log-er-hime) in the 100 butterfly and 500 freestyle, Landon Arber in the 200 Individual Medley and 100 backstroke, Jase Pinckney in the 50 freestyle, Chase Adler in diving, and Arnoldo Cisneros-Siller in the 100 breaststroke. Payton Arber, Emma Tung, Jacob Reese, Ryan Keller, and Brian Erhart (air-heart) were also on winning relays. In total, Mansfield girls won 11 of 12 events and Mansfield boys won 10 of 12 events.
- Students Don’t Miss The Mansfield ISD College & Career Night on Monday, October 29th, from 6-8 pm at The Mansfield ISD Center For Performing Arts. Save yourself some time and pre-register for the event by scanning the QR Code located on the College and Career Night Flyers. GoToCollegeFairs.com
- Pink out shirts are now available in the Student Council store. Long sleeve shirts are $15 and short sleeve shirts are $10. These shirts will only be available during lunches, so make sure you go to the StuCo store and get yours today!
- Student Council will be hosting a blood drive on Oct. 24th. If you would like to donate blood, you can sign up during your lunch on the cafeteria stage. If you would like to donate and you are 16 years old, make sure you pick up both permission slips when you sign up for a time slot. When you sign up, make sure you do not sign up during a TCC class or during your lunch time on that day.
- If you are interested in trying out for the Boys Soccer Teams you need to come sign up in the cafeteria Thursday or Friday during your lunch period.
- Red Ribbon week is next week! Here are the dress up days:
Monday - Crazy sock day "Sock it to drugs"
Tuesday - Nerd Day "be smart don't do Drugs"
Wednesday - Wear red Day "Stop, don't do Drugs"
Thursday - PJ Day "don't sleep on your Health"
Friday - No school
- Seniors don’t forget to sign up for TCC Senior Preview Day. Text:misdpreview to 550055. The deadline to sign up is October 26th