MHS Student Council hosts PEACE Week Feb 27-Mar 3. This is a great week full of activities and fun. All proceeds from the week will benefit the father of one of our students, Eric Romero.
In November of 2015, Michael Romero, father of 2 (including student Eric Romero) and a loving husband of 21 years, was diagnosed with ALS and was only given 2 years to live from the diagnosed date. ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord giving one no muscular use over time. Every dollar raised during PEACE Week will go toward covering Michael Romero’s medical expenses. Please come out to every event possible to show your support!
Highlights of the week:
MONDAY, FEB 27
- Dress up day: PJ Day
- Opening ceremony during advisory
- Eat Wings, Raise Funds at Buffalo Wild Wings: lasts all day, tell them you’re with Mansfield High School PEACE Week
TUESDAY, FEB 28
- Dress up day: 90’s Day
- Mr. MHS Pageant: come watch your favorite senior guys compete, starts at 7pm, tickets are $5
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1
- Dress up day: Jersey Day
- Dodgeball tournament: at 3:30pm in the PE gym, winning team plays a team of faculty members the following day
THURSDAY, MARCH 2
- Dress up day: Character Day
- Faculty vs. Students Dodgeball: leave your advisory to watch a team of teachers play the winning dodgeball team, Pay your advisory teacher $2 to leave class
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: open to any teachers/students, come participate in a huge ice bucket challenge after school outside the back door toward the practice fields
- Spirit Night at Chipotle: lasts from 5pm-9pm, tell them you’re with Mansfield High School PEACE Week
FRIDAY, MARCH 3
- Dress up day: PEACE Week Shirt Day
- Closing ceremony during advisory
For more information about the custom Snapchat story you can follow, PEACE Week shirts, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and a link to give online to support the Romero family, check out the flyer.