Swim Team Tryouts for the 2013-2014 Season
ATTENTION: SWIM TEAM TRYOUT DATES AND TIMES HAVE CHANGED!!
PLEASE SEE INFORMATION BELOW FOR NEW DATES AND TIMES FOR TRYOUTS.
When: July 29 and 30
If you can not make it to tryouts on one of the dates provided, contact Coach Bold ASAP to set up an alternative tryout date and time.
(Swimmers only need to come to one day of tryouts. If you are not happy with your tryout, you may come as many times as you wish to improve your times.)
Where: MISD Natatorium
1001 N. Holland Rd.
Mansfield, TX 76063
Questions? Coach Matt Bold
The following test sets will be used as a guideline for placement.
The coach retains final discretion over team placement.
Varsity (1st block)
16x100 Free @ 1:30
10x100 IM @ 1:40
JV (9th block)
10x50 Free @ 1:00
5x100 IM @ 2:00
2013-14 Equipment Requirements
Swimmers are required to have the following equipment at the pool every day:
Mesh Gear Bag (1)
Pull Buoy (1)
Hand Paddles (1 set)
Fins (1 set) this style....not this style and not this style
Snorkel (1) this style that goes straight over the head not this style that goes on the side of the head
Practice Suit (2)
Water Bottle (1)
MHS Dryland Shirt (2)
MHS Dryland Shorts (2)
Information on the SAT can be found here.
Information on the ACT can be found here.
The UIL website can be found here.
The TISCA website can be found here.
- Varsity athletes must have transportation to practice. They may drive to practice, but no other student may ride with them from practice to school (district policy). A bus will transport non-drivers to school for second block.
- JV/9th Swimmers will meet in the cafeteria after third block. A bus will pick them up and bring them to the Natatorium. Students may drive from campus to the Natatorium, but may not transport other students during school hours. All swimmers must be picked up from the Natatorium by 4:00pm. There is no school transportation from the Natatorium to your house.
- I am not in the office during June and July. Please email me if you have any questions, I will check my email every day or so. If you leave a phone number with your email I will call you.
- Most sports work together. Don't assume that you can't swim because you want to do another sport.
- Divers practice during the 8th block. For information on the Mansfield Diving team
Information on Student Attendance at Athletic Events - PLEASE READ
All Athletes must have Physical paper work turned in before they can practice.
MISD ATHLETICS PARTICIPATION PACKET
Get your sports pictures posted on this page. Email pictures to email@example.com.
Please include school name and team. Please do NOT send slideshows.
Return to the top